Thursday, August 12, 2004

Meanwhile, back in Washington ....


Chinatown arch, Washington, D.C. July, 2004. Posted by Hello

I've been posting so much about Las Vegas, the new La-La Land, that I feel I've neglected Washington, home of the free (if you overlook the barriers and machine gun-toting guards surrounding the Capitol, parts of downtown and the White House) and the brave (terrororist threat level: Code Orange).

Here's one of the first photos I took with my new snazzy little digital camera. I have been a film snob for the longest time. Though a part of me still favors traditional film over pixels, I must admit, digital is very easy to use.

Our Chinatown has a photo-opp ready arch, but sadly, no good Chinese restaurants. A travesty. And no, Virginia, Tony Cheng's Mongolian Restaurant does not count. The really good Chinese and other Asian eateries are in the 'burbs.

Calling all Washingtonians: There's an upcoming blogger happy hour organized by MG of Weird Curves. Check out her blog for more info, but it's probably going to be at Pharmacy Bar in Adams Morgan, next Tuesday at 7 p.m. So come on down.

1 comment: