Saturday, November 06, 2004

One down, one to go and WPost magazine piece

I head out in an hour to a friend's first in a series of going-away parties at Rosa Mexicano. She's moving to Buenos Aires (see yesterday's post).

This afternoon I attended a fun (surprisingly) baby shower for a colleague. We ate lots of good food: waffles, bacon, three different types of quiche, a mandarin orange and spinach salad, and several bottles of very smooth Cabernet Merlot. I was grumpy until I ate; talking about baby stuff (one gift was a bottle & nipple brush set) isn't my typical idea of a good time.

Then I went to an open house for our condo that we bought and are renting out. It's in the Logan Circle area, a neighborhood fast becoming gentrified (much to the dismay of some of D.C.'s old guard).

Don't forget: Check out my SO's cover story, "Worlds Apart," in tomorrow's Washington Post magazine. Here's a photo gallery that goes with his story, shot by Pulitzer prize-winning photographer Carol Guzy. Also, Eric (that's my SO) is doing an online chat about the story Monday at 1 p.m EST. Read the story and ask him a question!

He was a Washington Post metro reporter for six years before deciding he'd rather write longer magazine pieces. So he quit and now writes for the Post magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and others. My hat's off to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment