Thursday, February 24, 2005

Gingersnaps and Jelly Doughnuts

Both of which I've eaten in the past 24 hours. Along with mashed potatoes, beef stew, and Hostess banana nut mini-muffins from a vending machine.

Oh, and no run today.

However: I did power-walk more than three miles in heavy snow. That's gotta count for something. And yesterday I had a killer cardio and free weights workout, which included 250 crunches and 50 push-ups. So I'm not turning into a human jelly doughnut yet.

P. has left the building: Our bossy, high-octane and totally ripped fitness instructor, P., recently took a full-time job with another company (she only taught 2 classes a week at our company gym). Very sad.

She was the best instructor we've had. In fact, she's the one who got me running - she encouraged us to enter the Army 10-Miler back in the fall. After her last class, my colleague, M., walked into the locker room and wailed, "Now we're all going to be fat!" We nodded in agreement, appraising our bodies in the mirror.

Tomorrow I'm doing a cardio/heavy weights class, then 3 miles on the gerbil mill. Saturday is an early-morning hill run with my advanced 10K training group. I hope they don't kill me.

Wedding Bells: My SO and I finally decided we're going to get married in Hawaii in late August - just the two of us - then throw a big party in Washington, D.C. a few weeks later for family and friends who will be coming from California, England and all points in between. Much less stress that way. If you have any suggestions for Maui or Kauai ceremony/reception sites or photographers, let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the wedding plans! Yeah! Now you have to change "SO" to husband? I supposed you can leave it SO since he's still a SO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wedding plans at hot location. 50 push-ups? wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bex,
    Congrats to you and your "SO"! :-) I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. It sounds like your wedding will be beautiful and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! a wedding in Hawaii sounds exquisitely beautiful and romantic...... Sounds like you are making great progress with the running. Don't beat yourself about the cookies, donuts,etc. You gotta live a little!! - DebBarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congratulations on making the commitment with SO. Hawaii will be unforgettable for you, I'm sure; and not having to put on a show at the same time will be very relaxing.
    Come back later (if at all); have a party. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete