Monday, February 21, 2005

Two Days, Two Runs

Happy President's Day, y'all. I still can't believe I have today off. At my old newspaper, I worked every holiday, including Xmas and New Year's.

I'm about to head out to George Washington's Birthday Parade here in cobblestoned Old Town Alexandria, minutes outside of Washington, and where Washington went to church and, yes, celebrated his birthday. Virginia Gov. Mark Warner will be the grand marshall of the parade.

So a quick run update: I ran 8 miles on a treadmill on Saturday evening, as I missed running with my 10k group earlier that morning. I tried to run at a medium-slow pace, of between 9:05 and 8:57 a mile. The last mile I got impatient and ran it in 8:19.

Then I ran 6 miles yesterday with A. Very cold outside. I will be so happy when I don't have to run in tights, skully cap, gloves and three layers of technical gear. The pace was an easy 9-10 minutes a mile, with a sprint the last 30 yards.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're in the right town for the 4th of July too!

    And I hear ya about the cold weather. Getting a bit tired of the snow too.

    ReplyDelete