Monday, March 20, 2006

Marathon Superman!

Maybe we should have a running superhero. Like this guy:
Mar. 16, 2006 at 6:04PM 
A 37-year-old marathon runner who had just put in 10
kilometers in a
London park chased down a 17-year-old
mugging suspect. The teenager
collapsed after two miles
while Glyn Roberts was still going strong, The
Mirror
reported.

"He kept turning around and had this stunned look on his
face," Roberts said. "He couldn't believe I was still
chasing him. Eventually, he slowed down and fell to his
knees. He was knackered. He begged me to let him go, but
that wasn't going to happen, not after I had run so far."

The chase began on Hampstead Heath, where Roberts said
a boy told him the 17-year-old had assaulted him. The teen
was released on bail after being charged with robbery and
suspicion of actual bodily harm.

Here's the full story.

7 comments:

  1. I love the word 'knackerd'. I have to remember to use that more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny, 21st cm!! I just wrote bex that "any story that uses the word 'knackered' is Ok by me."

    great (small) minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great minds spell better than others :-)

    I think I used the noun form of the word as in "That guy is a real knackerd". oops

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun, using bex's blog to talk to each other!! that was one awesome bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marathon Superman !, i think not...
    i was bloody knacked myself, i should of jumped him earlier but was too afraid i wouldn't have the fight in me, he was a younger man so I ran him in to the ground, simuliar principle when landing a fish slowly, tire the catch down.
    Glad you readers like my adventure,
    good luck with the running, think of me on the 23rd April, (London)
    Glyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glyn,

    Glad you found this little 'ol blog. And many kudos for catching that eedjit. Best of luck in the London Marathon - wish me luck tomorrow - my first marathon - the National Marathon here in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the very best, and try to enjoy it.....

    ReplyDelete