Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Up and Running!

Thanks, guys, for checking on the link to my photo and essay on the GW Parkway Classic. Now that it's up and running, everyone can read it (and find out my true identity).

Please be kind when doing so - I wrote that baby in 30 minutes, under deadline. Being a reporter has its advantages ...

Oh, and that woman who (I allowed to) beat me the other week in the GW Birthday 10K? Apparently, she borrowed a friend's bib, because in the race results she's listed as a 43-year old man. (!!)

And the race organizers listed us as having the exact same time after all: 50:56.

13 comments:

  1. no worries about the essay...it was eloquently written and the part about when you ran the 4 miles, and your grandmothers response both brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bex (or Rex, as I love to say)...Well done! Loved the essay. Congrats! You should have told them how you paced/coached me to my PR in the half!! Of course, then they might put you to work. Hope to make it up to DC soon for a visit! We'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great essay. Great photo, too. It's amazing how our family's expectations shape our future. So is Bex your nickname or just your blog name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

    www.americanlegends.info

    If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written! What a great story! Don't forget you have a long list of people you have helped learn to run. You're amazing. really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. I am sure you're mother is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops:

    Good for you. I am sure your mother is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so cool about the article! and, what motivation :) you will crush that PR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it - you did a great job! Congrats on being picked. I smell a PR for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. reading your blog makes me miss d.c.

    *sigh*

    but i'm back in california now, so all is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i liked your essay very much.. no wonder you were chosen...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete