Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Building the Base

Brick by brick, I'm re-building my running base. And boy, is it ever hard work. Not just physically, although, it can be murder just running an easy 6-miler when your quads and hams are screaming from boot camp the day before.

It's almost more difficult mentally. Going from one run a week (at best) to three or four runs plus two sessions of boot camp a week is tough. When that alarm goes off at 5 a.m., sometimes I'm raring to go. Most times, I have to talk myself into getting up. And when I don't get up at 5 a.m., that means a run in the dark after work. When all I want to do is to relax and grab a drink with friends or hang out with my SO and dog.

But if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. And even just the measly 2 1/2 weeks of hard work is starting to pay off: I've lost 2.6 lbs. Woohoo!

You gotta celebrate the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment