Friday, December 25, 2009

Re-building, part deux

Over the past week and a half, I've run in driving rain, 80 degree heat, and windy, chilly "cold for Southern California" temps of 30 degrees. While the weather has varied, the runs have one thing in common: they all felt kind of hard, although I've been running slower than I did last year (read: when I was in better shape).

So I've found myself almost dreading the run. It doesn't help that I'm taking boot camp twice a week, which gives my lower body and core a tiring workout.

So last night, on Christmas Eve, I thought, "the hell with it," and ran the prescribed 6 miles nice and easy. Really easy. Like 10:00 to 10:20/mile pace. And you know what? It was blissful. I enjoyed looking at all the holiday lights in my neighborhood, listening to my even breathing, and feeling the air rush in and out of my lungs.

I gotta do that more often.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment