Wednesday, December 09, 2009

One step forward, one step down

So there I was, walking to my office this afternoon on a cool late afternoon. Minding my own business. When I turned a corner in my high-heeled black boots and BAM, twisted my right ankle and fell down hard, with all my weight on my left knee.

My first thought -- well, after $#*^@! --  was, "Am I going to be able to run 6 miles tomorrow morning?"

The answer? No way. I couldn't put any weight on my left leg for a few minutes and just stayed on the ground, massaging my right ankle. Now I can limp around. I am such a freaking klutz, sometimes. I've fallen here and here in races.

Methinks running is not in the near future. Definitely not tomorrow. But maybe I'll be in good enough shape for my long run on Saturday .... wishful thinking?

1 comment:

  1. high heels are dangerous. stick with flats! hope you recover quickly. your next half is on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete