Friday, January 28, 2005

Only in my dreams

It's a very sad day. I cancelled my hotel, plane and rental car reservations for my trip to Las Vegas to run in Sunday's half-marathon. I'm just too sick to go.

And now I'm not sure if I do indeed have strep throat, as the mega antibiotics I'm taking are DOING NO GOOD WHATSOEVER. As you may well know, antibiotics work only for bacterial infections (such as strep) and not for the more insidious viral infections (i.e. influenza).

The doctor (or rather, quack) I saw yesterday just eyeballed me and said I have strep, never bothering to actually do a strep test (in which the doc swabs your throat).

So here I sit, still feverish, throat completely raw, coughing like an ailing octogenarian, nose running like a sieve, etc., and thoroughly grumpy, disgusted, and most of all, aching with disappointment.

I was ready for this race.

Thanks for all of your sympathetic comments, by the way. They definitely help.

No comments:

Post a Comment