Saturday, January 29, 2005

No More Whingeing

Still coughing and sniffling but starting to get cabin fever. Everyone at the LV Marathon is getting ready to carb-up at the pasta party tonight and laying out their singlets and other race gear for tomorrow morning's race.

I'm more than 2,300 miles away and in the same wool sweater and pajama bottoms I slept in last night. I know: Eeewww. It's time to take a long, hot shower and look forward to other races.

Before I got sick I signed up for my company's 8k run on March 26, the scenic Cherry Blossom 10-miler on April 3, and the Arlington YMCA Mother's Day 10k on May 8.

Now I'm looking for a local race in February to run in. Preferably a half-marathon. I don't want my hard months of training to go to waste! I may also do the Monument Avenue 10k on April 9 down in Richmond, in my old 'hood.

I can give the finger to the statues of all the Confederate generals and war heroes lining the historic street as I run by. You know some Richmonders are still fighting the War of Northern Aggression, don't you?!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're going to miss this one, Bex. Its not fair at all. I hope you find a good race to burn off all that training energy you've been building up.

    ReplyDelete