Friday, March 11, 2005

Not again ....

Back in D.C., y'all. Got home from Miami at 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, and Thursday at 5:30 a.m., I woke up with a runny nose, sore throat, body aches, and an overall sense of malaise. Uh-oh. Wouldn't you know I'd get a bad cold just two days before the St. Patrick's Day 10k?!

I'm having flashbacks from January, when I was too sick with the flu/strep throat to run in the Las Vegas Half-Marathon.

What a difference a day makes: On Wednesday I ran 8 miles and felt great. But yesterday, I was too tired and icky-feeling to run an easy 4 miles, as I had planned. So last night, I made myself sleep 9 1/2 hours, even though I had to get up twice to blow my nose and then couldn't fall back to sleep from 3:30 to 4:15.

Today I feel better, though far from 100 percent. So today I'm taking it easy: no cardio/weights class, drinking lots of water, taking Vitamin C, and to bed by 9:30 p.m.

If I don't feel up to snuff tomorrow, then I won't aim for a PR, and will instead treat the 10k as a training run. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Finally!!! Blogger finally got their act together and I can comment again. Geeeeez! Now I know why I hate blogger.

    Anyway, I am so sorry the bug is hitting you again. I've got the stuffy nose myself this morning and a little tickle in my throat. When will the winter be over so we can get done with all the illness? Arrgh!

    Hope you are feeling better real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling well enough for the race--sleep well and then run strong:)

    ReplyDelete