Thursday, March 03, 2005

Rolling along ...

I did 45 minutes at level 15 at 60 rpm on the elliptical machine last night. It kicked my skinny California ass. I tried level 20 - the highest level - but it was like trying to move 100-pound cement blocks up a hill. I can't believe my 10k coach runs that level for 45 minutes to an hour.

It was a great workout, especially for my quads and lungs. A colleague tried to talk to me while I was running on the machine, and I couldn't speak, I was working so hard.

Slacker!: Today I didn't have time to do a free weights workout, as I had planned. But I did have a great time drinking lemondrop martinis with a friend at a swanky bar during happy hour and kvetching about how so many women our age are getting pregnant and talk about nothing else except babies.

Not that there's anything wrong with babies. But what happened to gossiping about celebrity fashion, discussing world and local politics, books and movies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment