Friday, March 04, 2005

Ugh.

Just Say No: It wasn't a very good week at work, I missed my free weights session tonight, and one of my co-workers has been driving me batty. So driving home, without even consciously thinking about it, I turned into a McDonald's, cruised through the drive-thru and heard myself ask for a small order of fries and a 4-piece chicken Mcnuggets.

I got my order, parked my car, and inhaled all 400 fat-laden calories while listening to XM Radio and watching shady-looking characters cross the parking lot to the Salvation Army shelter across the street.

McRalph: Afterwards, I felt incredibly guilty. I could see for a nano-second why some teenage girls and young women stick their fingers down their throats to, shall we say, expel the evidence. Don't worry, I'd never do that - talk about a waste of food, and by the way, eeeww! I just wish I hadn't eaten the junk food in the first place.

Running Update: Last night, I did do another 45 minutes on an elliptical machine. It felt as if I were running up one very long and very steep hill. I tried to keep it at 60 rpm at level 15, but I wasn't feeling as strong as I did on Wednesday. So I did level 15 for 1 1/2 minutes, then level 14 for 30 seconds, then go back to level 15 again, until my 45 minutes were up.

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeewwwwwwww! Ew for the expelling thing and ew for eating junk food. Ok, no more fries and Mcyuckies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McDonald's? Have you no shame? Must be one nasty co-worker. The fries are the best but the burgers just have a way of reminding you there is a "better way" to eat. Go back to the martini diet and eat olives, talk about neo-Islamic revolutionaries (the good guys) and kick that elliptical's butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhm... I just happened on your blog and read this post... are you overweight and terrified of being more so? or just neurotic about weight?

    ReplyDelete