Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Laggard

I was a bad Bex tonight. The weather is oppressive - humid, torrid, with rolling thunderstorms. So I didn't run, though I was slated for six miles.

Too hot. Too tired. Too lazy.

Instead, I came home after work, went through 2 weeks of mail, drank two Tom Collins (my drink of the summer), ate a tomato and goat cheese salad, missed Tahoe, the snow-topped Sierra Nevadas, and the open road. Then watched 4 episodes of "Sex and the City," season 5, back to back to back to back.

And you know what? It felt great.

Tomorrow, I climb back on the running wagon. Some races I'm slated for: The Army 10-Miler (this was my inaugural running event last year), the Baltimore Marathon Relay, and the Las Vegas Half-Marathon.

6 comments:

  1. Heh, heh. Sounds like a rest day to me. :) Sometimes you need a day of extra rest. And a Tom Collins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a well deserved rest. Great plan for this sweltering heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's steamy, isn't it? Summer has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your method of returning to the routine is perfectly paced. You just can't do everything in a hurry, especially after all that non-hurrying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog.

    We've been quietly watching your marathon development, and we know you will do well on your run...

    Sometimes being bad is good, huh. No sweat. You probably needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love my lazy, watch multiple episodes of sex and the city days... who could survive with out them?

    ReplyDelete