1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Lemon drop martini, please.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Don't need an excuse to buss ...
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I can find them, as E. likes to move 'em around throughout the year as he packs more stuff into the closets.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh, where do I begin? Roast Ham with cloves, Pan-seared salmon, creamy garlic mashed potatoes ....
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never believed in Santa. A cynical 5-year-old is a sorry sight.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. We're lucky to have them wrapped by then!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With miniature ornaments for our mini trees. Or in the case of the Xmas-ball one: Nada. I just take it out of its protective plastic wrapping.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I've learned to love it. There are several big hills only a 2- minute walk from our house, which are great for sledding..
12. Can you ice skate? I'm no Kristy Yamaguchi, but I can zoom around the rink. Just don't ask me to stop.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Good question. I really can't remember any tangible gifts. For me, spending the holidays with loved ones is the best present.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Having enough time to run, read a couple of fat novels, and reflect on the year past. Also, visiting with friends and family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Marzipan.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Attending a Christmas choral concert at the Kennedy Center.
17. What tops your tree? A homemade, lopsided star.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Definitely giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Can't name just one. Favorite traditional carols include "Silent Night, "Adeste Fidelis," "In the Bleak Midwinter," and "Hark the Herald Angels, Sing." Favorite popular Christmas songs include "'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree," "Winter Wonderland," and "I'll Be Home for Christmas."
20. Candy canes? Not unless they're chocolate ...
21. Favorite Christmas movie? I ditto Rich's answer - A Charlie Brown Christmas
22. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing for the fat man. He needs to lose weight.