Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Off to Tahoe Again

We're heading to Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July weekend. We drove most of the way yesterday evening, after E. picked me up after work. Today we drive the final 2 1/2 hours of this 8-9 hour trip. Whew.

I still have to deal with some work stuff this morning, unfortunately. But I hope to be at the lake by early afternoon, and will finally get to run after having several days off.

By the way: I have a new online running coach. She's an amazing runner and triathlete and a very good coach. She's gotten a number of folks to qualify for Boston - my raison d'etre for signing up with her - and many of her runners and triathletes place very well in races.

I only started a couple of weeks ago with Debi - and while my running has been on-again/off-again - I'm hoping to buckle down and get to business. First order of business: run an 8K or a 10K race on July 4 with a heart-rate monitor so she can get my readings and base a better training plan on them.

The 10K I'm planning to race will be at high altitude - so I'm hoping that won't screw up the heart rate monitor readings. And I hope that the race will still be on - it's still quite smoky in northern California, and race organizers canceled the nearby Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run.

3 comments:

  1. Guess you Lake house is coming in handy! Have a great weekend and don't push it if it is smokey. I did that last weekend and I was coughing for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! i love the HRT idea. i totally need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea that your maintaining your Fredericksburg connection with Debi:) Keep us posted....

    ReplyDelete