Thursday, October 07, 2004

Political press releases and APA Film Festival

File under "election 2004 tidbits": A fellow reporter in my newsroom got a press release the other day from, of all politically-savvy demographic groups, "Bilingual Educators for Kerry." What's next? Double-jointed Suburban Podiatrists for Bush? Gay Mid-Atlantic Entomologists for Kerry?

I just filed one news brief, one column on media issues and one news story. After I filed my column this morning, my editor told me we'll have to hold it until our next issue because of breaking news. So I guess I didn't have to come into the office at 7:30 a.m. after all and bust my butt to write it. Grrr. At least it's out of the way.

APA Film: Tonight's the opening night of the Asian Pacific American Film Festival here in Washington: 65 films over nine days in viewing sites such as the Smithsonian's Hirshorn Museum and Freer Gallery of Art. The opening film, "Take Out," looks interesting. Plus the filmmakers will be there to discuss their movie afterwards. And the free beer and food at the Anheuser-Busch-sponsored reception afterwards won't hurt, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment