Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Here, There, and Everywhere

Lots going on, folks. Apparently, not having a 9-6 J.O.B. doesn't give me the luxury to laze around in my fat pants, watch daytime television and eat bonbons.

I've got 10 minutes, so herewith, in numerical form, are some running and random stuff I've done the past week: 1) Booked travel plans for the Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 9. After the marathon, E. and I are going to Kauai to hike, surf, and belly up at the best smoothie stand in the world.

2)Since I very likely will go back to work soon, I'm going to do a litle bit of traveling. Perhaps back to D.C. to see some friends (Hi P. and Jeanne!). And down to San Diego to see a bit of this.

3) I got a job offer from a very cool place. I have to tell them yea or nay today. Have to weigh that up with working for another outfit. Part of me doesn't want to go back to being a working stiff. But we've got several mortgages to pay for, so it's back to the salt mines ... 4) I went to my first SoCal track workout last week with a local running club. 'Twas good. The runners were separated into two groups - the fast, and the slow.

The coaches put me in the slow group since I hadn't run track in several months. But I ran faster than anyone else in the group, making the coach of the fast group admonishing me to "Slow down! You're going to get injured!" But I felt great at the end of the workout. Like I could have run more. Our workout: 400, 800, 1200, 400, 800, 1200. The rest intervals were just a 100-meter walk.

I accidently erased instead of saved my times, but I do remember that the first 400 was super-slow. I stuck with the group, and we ran 2:03. The second 400, I ran ahead of the others and finished in 1:31.

4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy.

    Congrats on having job choices. I'm jealous! Sounds like So. Cal is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You not only run fast, you write fast!

    Good luck with the job thing. I'm so jealous - a "cool" job? I didn't think those existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne: I said yes. I'm now a space geek. To infinity and beyond!

    ReplyDelete